Monday 17 October 2011

Typography In The Landscape

For Unit 23 I took my camera around the college, exploring the environment and trying to find typography in my surroundings. Rather than taking photographs of text on signs or posters, this involved finding shapes and objects that created typography in the landscape.

I used my Canon 550d around the college to take photographs. Finding typography outside of the more basic letters (T, L, O) was a challenge and getting I could see to translate to my camera was another obstacle.










I chose these pictures in particular as I think they show a wide range of typography in the environment rather than just the simple, easy to find letters. I made them black and white to remove distractions and to best showcase the basic forms in the photographs.

No comments:

Post a Comment