Thursday 11 April 2013

Seven Deadly Sins

In this photographic project I had to create a series of images representing my interpretation of three of the seven deadly sins. I chose lust, greed and gluttony. Early on in this project I had the idea to photograph only hands, using them along with various props to represent each sin, a concept I stuck with throughout my project.

I shot these photos with studio lighting using the Canon 550D.


I think photographing only hands was effective as it kept my concept simple but effective. I did not want to overcomplicate my photographs in this project.


I knew during the shooting and editing process that typography was going to be an important part of my final pieces. I kept this in mind throughout. I feel that the typography brings this work together, especially when presented as a triptych.

No comments:

Post a Comment